Raleigh, North Carolina psych-sludge outfit Doomsday Profit have just released a new single, »Consume The Remains«. The song is taken from their forthcoming album »In Idle Orbit«, to be released on November 12th, 2021, and which is available for pre-order now via Bandcamp.
01. Crown Of Flies
02. Scryers Of The Smoke
04. Consume The Remains
05. Destroy The Myths
06. Bring Out Your Dead
Offering a searing meditation in anger, Doomsday Profit’s debut EP floods its dystopian visions with snarling psychedelic grit and deep-dredged sludge riffs that calls to mind the relentless pummeling of Conan, as well as the cosmic excursions of Earthless; the bad-trip acid-rock of Church Of Misery, as well as the scuzzy blues of Dopethrone.
With »Consume The Remains«, Doomsday Profit merges desert-rock groove with death ‘n’ roll bile. Piling onto the song’s foundational riff and deep groove, the band cakes on with tar-thick sludge before launching it into a dark, psychedelic abyss.
Doomsday Profit is:
Bryan Reed – Guitar/Vocals
Kevin See – Lead Guitar
Ryan Sweeney – Bass
Tradd Yancey – Drums/Percussion
Photo by Allie Mullin Photography
Doomsday Profit’s upcoming shows:
• Friday, Oct. 15 – Chapel Hill, NC at The Kraken (with Monte Luna, Temptress)
• Saturday, Oct. 16 – Columbia, SC at Art Bar (with NeverFall, MNRVA, HolyRoller)
• Friday, Nov. 12 – Duluth, GA at Sweetwater Bar & Grill (with Cosmic Reaper, Dopegoat, Big Oaf)
• Saturday, Nov. 13 – Asheville, NC at Static Age Records (with Cosmic Reaper, TBD)
• Sunday, Nov. 14 – Raleigh, NC at The Pour House (with Cosmic Reaper, WitchTit, Kult Ikon, Nora Rogers, Makhnovist)