The Ocean share new live video for »Jurassic | Cretaceous« from their upcoming live album »Phanerozoic Live«
Photo by Jo Fischer
German atmospheric post-metal band The Ocean share new live video for »Jurassic | Cretaceous« from their upcoming live album, »Phanerozoic Live«, which will be released on November 26th, 2021 via Metal Blade Records. The track was recorded live at Roadburn Redux.
“We wanted to give people 2 totally different experiences with these 2 shows. »Phanerozoic I« was streamed live from a venue in the port of Bremen, with big lighting production, kind of the way people know us. For »Phanerozoic II«, we wanted to do something more cinematic visually, and at the same time more intimate. We wanted to capture the feeling of the 6 of us in a relatively small, confined space, facing each other, in a circle… without a stage or a crowd being any part of this equation. It was March and the room that we spent the whole day in was cold, but that was part of the vibe. We had to warm up our fingers constantly.” comments the band.
Mixed by Chris Edrich.
Mastering by Atelier Mastering.
Captured at Die Mühle by Frameshock Productions.
From Metal Blade Records:
The Berliners present an unusual live album that is a testimony of strange times: their »Phanerozoic« concept album performed live in its entirety at a time when no shows were happening anywhere in the world. 3 LPs / 2 CDs, DVD and access to HD video download and streaming.
On September 25, 2020, in the middle of the global pandemic, The Ocean released their 9th studio album »Phanerozoic II«, the concluding episode of a conceptual trilogy that began with »Precambrian« 13 years before – and even without any touring to support the new album release, »Phanerozoic II« entered the official German album charts at #9.
With no end of lockdowns in sight, the band decided to thank their fans for the support with 2 streaming concerts, performing both »Phanerozoic« albums in their entirety.
»Phanerozoic Live« is a live album like no other – it is a live album that was recorded in a cultural vacuum, a bizarre time that we will remember for the rest of our lives: a time when the world as we knew it suddenly stopped spinning. It is a live album that does without all the qualities that we usually appreciate about a live album: without the sounds of a cheering, exited crowd. But it is the very absence of this, it is the eery silence between the songs that reminds us of what we miss most, and that gives these recordings a rare intensity and power.
01. The Cambrian Explosion (Live in Bremen)
02. Cambrian II: Eternal Recurrence (Live in Bremen)
03. Ordovicium: The Glaciation Of Gondwana (Live in Bremen)
04. Silurian: Age Of Sea Scorpions (Live in Bremen)
05. Devonian: Nascent (Live in Bremen) 11:24 video
06. The Carboniferous Rainforest Collapse (Live in Bremen)
07. Permian: The Great Dying (Live in Bremen)
08. Triassic (Live at Roadburn Redux)
09. Jurassic | Cretaceous (Live at Roadburn Redux)
10. Palaeocene (Live at Roadburn Redux)
11. Eocene (Live at Roadburn Redux)
12. Oligocene (Live at Roadburn Redux)
13. Miocene | Pliocene (Live at Roadburn Redux)
14. Pleistocene (Live at Roadburn Redux)
15. Holocene (Live at Roadburn Redux)
Stream it here: https://orcd.co/phanerozoic-live
Bojan Bidovc // music enthusiast, promoter, misanthrop and sometimes a journalist as well